Do you want to learn about social media marketing? Most of all do you want to learn how to market successfully on social media? Well, you’re in luck. Today we’re going to break down social media marketing step by step!
Let’s begin: How to Market Successfully on Social Media
Plan before you post
69% of the population uses social media, so while you have a lot of opportunity with social media, you’ve also got a lot of competition.
Step 1: Pick the best strategy and tactics
Define your Strategy
- Thought Leadership: Establish yourself (and your brand) as an expert in the field.
- Brand Awareness: Make sure people know about your brand and products.
- Lead Generation: Gather leads to fill a sales funnel.
- Client Success: Retain and inform your current customers.
Choose your weapon
- Multimedia: Post lots of types of content in many different forms.
- Curation: Gather and share really informative content from across your industry.
- Longform: Build deep, informative content that you use to structure rest of your posts.
- Outreach: Make friends with influencers in the industry to share and share alike.
Step 2: Content creation
Creating content for social media can be fast because you’ll usually share existing content from your blog or multimedia posts. But pay attention that you write good CTAs to get folks to click through.
- Build the content on your publication platform
- Craft images and multimedia content
- Build a tracking-ready link
- Compose a compelling call to action (CTA)
Step 3: Publishing and promoting
This is the bulk of what you’ll do on social media: Post, post again, schedule posts, and boost your contents.
- Track and measure: Use website analytics tools (Google Analytics) and page tagging, short URLs, and tracking pixels to attribute your tracking.
- Post: Choose your platform based on your business goals, audience, and understanding of the platform’s community.
- Extras: Use @mentions, #hashtags, DMs and more to find community and engage.
- Scheduling: Schedule your posts in advance to batch your SMM tasks. Third-party SMM apps make this easy.
Step 4: Reporting
go back to your roadmap.
Build dashboards based on your strategy type and what you wanted to improve. Drill down into campaigns to view every detail.
Use automated scheduled reports to stay on top of all your campaigns.