SEO has become increasingly complex since Google opened the Zoo. This article will guide you through the SEO jungle and show you how to create perfect SEO content.
Topics Not Keywords
- Write your content for the reader based on a topic (keyword you have researched).
- Focus on that main topic and add variations, synonyms, related words throughout the content.
- Most of the above is already covered if you just write naturally. But it pays to do keyword research to find the kinds of words people actually use.
Optimize Your Main Keyword
- Keywords in your URL.
- Keywords near the start of your tittle.
- In the first 100 words.
- In an image alt text (preferably first).
- Bold or italic within a text (may help).
Use LSI Keywords
- Google is looking for certain words, and combinations of words as a sign that you are writing about a specific topic.
- Research all the synonyms and related areas of your topic.
- Add them throughout your content as headings, sections.
- Don’t artificially change your content, sentences, structure to suit these new words (keep it natural).
Format Your Content
- Break up content into small sentences and paragraphs.
- Make use of headings and sub-headings.
- Add bullets to break up lists (numbered bullets if there is an order).
- Add images often (Every 300-500 words).
- Include quotes and tweetables.
- Add supporting content (video, slides, social embeds).
Craft a Stunning Headline
- Better headlines lead to improved CTR of your search result.
- Optimize your tittle length (55 characters – 70 max).
- Use proven headline formulas.
- Try different content types (lists, infographics, how to’s).
- Add emotional or power words for more impact.
- Test your headlines with tools.
Make Use of Links
- Link to authoritative and relevant content within yours.
- Link to your content (New and old).
- Boost your weaker content with links from one powerful content.
- Consider using keyword anchor text in internal links to boost your content.
Long Term Content
- Make sure you are writing longer content for a good reason ( your audience, the topic etc.).
- Don’t just write longer content to make it longer ( you won’t rank higher).
- Write the best content possible (well researched, planned, supported).
- Sometimes your audience wants something shorter (or evem different content: video, podcast etc.).
Write for People Who Also use Search Engines
- Write your content for people first.
- But keep in mind that you need to optimize for keywords too to get traffic from google.
- Write for “people who also use search engines”
If you liked this article on how to create perfect SEO content then check out our other article about “worst mistakes to make in social media marketing“.